Wednesday 26 June 2013

Chimera Rebuild: Part 1 - Prologue

'sup Blogger, it's your favourite procrastinator, Exiled Man

As you may have noticed from the title, I'm starting a bit of a series, albeit a rather irregular one.

A couple of days ago, someone came to our Warhammer club with a list of cheap models one of their friends relatives was selling off after their son had failed to really get into the hobby.
Nothing on the list really interested me, except a last gen Guard Chimera for £10. Being a tank nutter, I thought it through for all of 4 seconds and put my name down.

Yes, it was crap.

Don't laugh.

Whoever built it must have been incapable of reading instructions. Side panels were glued upside down, the tracks barely fit and the hull was a mess. I had half a mind to throw it in the bin, but decided not to, figuring it would at least make good blog material.

So, from today, I will be starting a new series, charting my path as I rebuild the damn thing. Without instructions. Doubtless, my new project will be filled with frustrations and stoppers but what the hell, I need another Chimera.

Stay tuned,

Exiled Man

No comments:

Post a Comment